Welcome to the official website of the 6th International Conference on Marketing and Retailing 2017 (6th INCOMaR 2017). The conference will be held on 22nd–24th November 2017 in Phuket, Thailand. The incoming 6th INCOMaR 2017 conference will be organised together by Institute of Business Excellence (IBE), Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia and the Faculty of Management Science, Phuket Rajabhat University (PKRU), Thailand.The Institute of Business Excellence (IBE) is a Centre of Excellence (CoE) of Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), the biggest and most comprehensive university in Malaysia. Backed by the university’s diverse talents, IBE is fast becoming a Reference Centre for Retail Related Services and Research for which this is its niche area. With service as its main thrust, IBE has successfully secured contract research and research grants nationally as well as internationally. For more information, visit us at: http://ibe.uitm.edu.my. The Faculty of Management Science, Phuket Rajabhat University (PKRU) was founded to meet the university’s requirement of offering programmes in areas related to Business Administration, Hospitality and Tourism Management, and Communication Arts. These programmes are designed in response to the growing tourism industry and the fast-changing business environment. The faculty also aspires to create greater knowledge on sustainable local development, to develop the staff’s potential to the fullest and to establish cooperation and linkages with its stakeholders.The conference aims to bring together the academics and business community throughout the region and across the globe.
Mobile.Engagement.Loyalty.Data (M.E.L.D): From Cross-Cultural Perspective
The above theme reflects the current trend in marketing and retailing, where, mobile and data are making waves in today’s global business. Developments in mobile tools and applications have changed the way businesses interact with consumers and companies must make the most of this trend as it will continue to shape the marketing and retailing activities. At the same time, the use of big data – large pools of data that can be brought together and analysed to discern and make better decisions will become the basis of competitive edge and growth for many businesses. Ultimately, the world is becoming more connected, more sophisticated, and more creative in interacting with customers. This, in turn, impacts the way businesses are engaging with customers to drive loyalty.
The conference aims to:
- Engage participants in intellectual discourses where theories and practices are dissected and discussed through sharing of findings in both applied and basic research studies
- Encourage academics, practitioners and students to explore and learn new and innovative techniques in the areas of marketing, retailing, entrepreneurship and customer service
- Build relationships with practitioners and the academics in a knowledge sharing platform
All accepted FULL PAPERS will be published in one of the SCOPUS / WOS(ISI) / ERA indexed journals:
- International Journal of Business and Society (IJBS)
- Malaysian Journal of Consumer and Family Economics (MAJCAFE)
- International Journal of Supply Chain Management (IJSCM)
- Advanced Science Letters
- Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Journal of Telecommunication, Electronic and Computer Engineering AND
Other SCOPUS Indexed (Q3/Q4 Journal Rank by SCIMAGOR)